Monday 22 January 2007

Recovery

It's Monday, and I've just about recovered from last week's work. Today I met a couple of friends for lunch, and one of them used to model too 'for very prestigious art establishments, darling', only giving it up 4 years ago because she was getting too stiff to sit for longer than half an hour. She's one of those older women who I take as role models, hoping I'll have at least half their energy and verve by the time I'm their age.
I mentioned the tutor who spoke about curves so enthusiastically, and she told me that she'd walked out of a class at the Slade (was it?) because she considered the tutor had insulted her, referring to her body as 'not the classical female form' and going on to make various derogatory comments which I won't repeat here.
Anyway, she told me to put her in my blog, so I have done.
I have come to the conclusion that 5 hours modelling is equivalent to a hard day's work. So last week I did 2 1/2 day's hard work, another day in the shop, 2 gym sessions, a choir rehearsal (for singing in the cathedral this week), wrote a 1000 word short story, and ran a writer's group. And I'm in recovery from Chronic Fatigue/Clinical Depression... no wonder I was so knackered.
Today I've done bugger all, to be honest. A low-energy gym session. Cleaned the house to the minumum standard (think - 'writer'). Checked the emails and replied to one. Finished the draft of the previous post and wrote this one. Erm - that's about it. No work on the novel today, to my embarrassment and dismay.
Maybe I'll find some form this evening.
The party on Saturday was very good though. I just wish the birthday girls had told a few more people that it was fancy dress...
And I did try very hard yesterday to transfer my photos from the phone. But it won't allow me to access the email function, and my laptop doesn't do Bluetooth, and my daughter whose phone does both (so could transfer them for me) lives in Bristol and won't be visiting for a while. So you'll just have to wait a bit longer for images. Sorry.

1 comment:

Vanessa Gebbie said...

Hi Jo

I love the way the 'write' allows you to do the house to a minimal standard!

Good to see you blogging too, and it's a real insight into the everyday life and issues of a life model. I couldnt do it at all... take my hat off to you!

Id like ti link blogs.... is that OK?

vanessa